• My polish, your plate - 5

    Hi everyone!


    It's time for My Polish, Your Plate again! In case you're wondering what that's about: Michelle from Ordinary Misfit and I pick a polish and an image from a stamping plate, and we send our choices to each other. After that it's anybody's guess, as long as the polish and the plate are prominently featured in the manicure we create with it. If the polish that is picked isn't available with the other, we find an alternative that looks as close as possible to the original choice.

    This time Michelle picked OPI Never a Dulles Moment (NaDM), a dusty yellow, almost mustard creme that gives me all sorts of Fall feelings (which is appropriate, I guess, as it's slowly but surely going towards Fall on the Southern hemisphere) and I picked the woven (for lack of a better word) image on the right side of Born Pretty plate BP-13.

    This is what I did with the choices:


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with two coats of NaDM. In hindsight, I maybe should have used three coats on my thumb as in the picture it looks a tiny bit patchy but I couldn't see that in real life. The other two nails were done in one coat (we have another OCW here *cheers*) of LCLVernis 'En vernis et contre tout' (Evect), a gorgeous dark gray with the most elegant holo I've ever seen. It's scattered and subtle, like millions of small stars in a dark night. Yep, I'm absolutely in love with it :)

    While that was drying, I picked up the image from BP-13 using Evect and colored in some parts using NaDM and other parts using pale gray Painted Polish Stamped in Slate. I didn't color in all separate parts of the image as I wanted it to look like loosely interwoven threads. I hoped the additional lines would fall away against the base, as both base and stamp are in the same polish and when I rolled the colored-in image over my nail, I could see it worked out just as I planned it. All it needed was a coat of Seche Vite to even out the nail and add gloss.


    The polishes I used:
    OPI Never a Dulles Moment, LCLVernis En vernis et contre tout, Painted Polish Stamped in Slate

    The moment I saw I couldn't stamp with NaDM and knew I had to do a reverse stamp, I had this exact manicure in mind. At first I wanted to combine the yellow with black and white but that was too big of a contrast so I switched to pale and dark gray... and I love how it turned out! This one is going to be on my nails for as long as I can manage :)
    I sure hope you like it too!

    I can't wait to see what Michelle did. If you're as curious as I am, just click here and you're instantly transported to her corner of the internet.

    4 comments:

    1. WOW!!!!! This is stunning. That yellow works so well with the greys (as I suspected) and you nailed that pattern. I LOVE this!!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Michelle! I loved wearing these so maybe they'll get a re-run in different colors :)

        Delete
    2. Nice and loving the yellow :-D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Ananka! I was a bit intimidated when I first saw the bottle, but I loved the result :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!