• 52 week nail art challenge 38: Wedding

    Hi everyone!

    This weeks theme is Wedding. If I were to recreate my own wedding nails, this would be a very short post as I had bare nails. So instead I thought of what I would have chosen if I had been into nail art back then. The first thing that popped in my head was that they shouldn't be too eye-catching, as I think the ring should be the focal point. With that in mind, I sat down to play with polish and this is the result (that looks way more pink than in real life but no matter how hard I tried, my camera did not want to capture the true, rose-gold color of the chrome I used):


    I started out by painting my middle finger, ring finger and pinky with two thin coats pale nude Zoya Ana. My thumb and index were done in two thin coats of p2 Techno Chrome 050 Frozen Rose, which looks like a pale pink in all photographs but in real life leans more to rose-gold, a perfect companion for Ana.

    I then stamped an abstract rose pattern from Yours Cosmetics YLT04 Off the Cuff using Frozen Rose on my middle finger and ring finger (the outline is actually part of the image on the plate). The last steps were a coat of Seche Vite on all nails, followed by a coat of KIKO Matte Effect Topcoat to tone down the shininess of the chrome polish (and because I love matte nails 😉).


    The polishes I used (where Frozen Rose looks a lot closer to what it should look on my nails):

    Zoya Ana, p2 Techno Chrome 050 Frozen Rose


    To be honest, I'm not sure if I would wear nail art on my wedding day. Chances are I would file them down to nice ovals and buff them to a shine... but I would like to think I would go for something like I did for this week. I guess it's a good thing I don't have to choose as I'm still very happy with my husband, so no weddings for me in the foreseeable future 😍

    Did you or would you wear nail art for a wedding manicure? And if so, what did or would it look like?

    1 comment:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!