• Neutral manicure - twice extended

    Hi everyone!


    OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around (DBNMA for short), a lovely nude this time as I had to wear a very neutral manicure to an official occasion.

    indoors, no flash
    DBNMA was released as part of the OPI Summer 2014 Brazil collection. It is a very soft, pink leaning nude that doesn't look chalky at all. For me it's the perfect neutral and it made me feel very elegant and mature when I wore it without any embellishments.

    But elegant and mature isn't something I can do for days, so after two days I decided to stamp with China Glaze When Stars Collide, a burgundy holographic polish, and Bundle Monster plate 3-13 to extend my manicure as I didn't have the time to completely repaint my nails.

    stamped - indoors, no flash
    This morning I decided to see if I could squeeze out one more day and added a very thin layer of Catherine Arley 668, a sheer tan colored holographic polish, to my nails.

    holographic polish added - indoors, no flash
    I really like it like this. Adding the layer of Catherine Arley darkened the manicure a little bit and turned the burgundy pattern into brown and the holographic effect isn't very strong as you can see in the picture below (that I took with flash as the sun was nowhere to be seen), which was exactly what I was hoping for.

    holographic polish added - indoors, flash
    These are the polishes I used:
    OPI Don't Bossa-Nova Me Around, China Glaze When Stars Collide, Catherine Arley 668

    Have you extended your manicure? And if so, how did you do it?

    0 comments → Neutral manicure - twice extended

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!