• #52weeknailchallenge - week 33: Houndstooth

    Hi everyone,

    this week's prompt is Houndstooth, or (as we call it) Pied-de-Poule. I actually knew what it was because my mother used to have a suit, consisting of a jacket and a pencil skirt, in this pattern. The twist was that her jacket had a fuchsia pink lining, so this manicure is based on my memory of what she looked like: the black-n-white pattern, the pink lining and the silver watch she wore (and still wears btw ;)


    I started by painting my thumb and index with two thin coats of KIKO 313 Heather Pink, a beautiful purplish pink that really only needs one coat if you're not messing up as I did.

    My pinky received two thin coats of Catrice ICONails 20 Black to the Routes, a black creme with a nice formula (but no one coater) and my middle finger was done in two thin coats of Cirque Colors Sani, a silver foil with a linear holographic finish that looks mostly mottled silver in normal light, but oh wow, when the sun hits it, you're totally dazzled!

    And last but not least, my ring finger. I painted two coats of essence Wild White Ways, that behaved way nicer now that the temperature isn't off the charts, and when that had dried I stamped the houndstooth from Born Pretty BPL-041 using Hit the Bottle As Black As Night, followed by a coat of Seche Vite on all nails.


    These are the polishes I used:
    Catrice ICONails 20 Black to the Routes, KIKO 313 Heather Pink, Cirque Colors Sani, essence Wild White Ways,
    Hit the Bottle As Black As Night



    I wonder if my mom still has this outfit. I would love to see if the lining is actually as bright and colorful as I remember. I guess I have to go through her wardrobe again, like I did when I was a little girl and was looking for pretty clothes to play dress-up with... although I don't think I'll fit them anymore (as I've grown almost a head taller than my mom by now ;) Do you remember outfits your parents wore when you were small?

    4 comments:

    1. Oh this is pretty! I wonder what your mom's opinion was? If she saw it?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, you bet she saw it! She really liked it and she immediately recognized what inspired me as well and we spent some time reminiscing old times... and how she actually hid clothes from us to keep them whole ;)

        Delete
    2. Oh how pretty! I love that you have this beautiful memory to go with these gorgeous nails. I would also love to know if was as pink and also what she remembers of it if she doesn't still have it. This is genuinely what makes nail art so fun isn't it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. As it turned out, she actually still has the suit and I was quite close with the colors. The lining is a tiny bit brighter, more Barbie-like, but not much :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!