• Friday Triad: inspired by @ladyandthe_stamp

    Hi everyone!


    It's the last Friday of the month (and for once actually the last day of the month as well) so that means it's time for the Friday Triad manicure: Michelle, Juanita and me sharing our manicure that was inspired by a manicure that was on one (or more) of our to-do lists. Michelle picked this month: beautiful mustard and navy nails by Debbie, the lady from Lady and the Stamp.

    Michelle was actually very early in sending the link so I had plenty of time to search my plates for a suitable image... and search them again as I didn't find anything I liked ("Honey, I need more plates... I have absolutely NOTHING to use on my nails!!"). Finally I decided on an image that "would do" and I started looking for colors. I settled on purple and mauve and pink and was just about ready to start painting when my husband asked me what I was working on. I showed him Debbie's manicure and he asked me why I didn't go for the same colors, mustard and navy. Well... because I don't like mustard on my nails? Apparently that wasn't good enough for him so he did the unthinkable... he asked my mom (who had come over for something or other) what colors she liked best and she did the utter unthinkable... she agreed with my husband I should go for mustard and navy!! As you can imagine I couldn't stand up against the two of them so I put the purple and the mauve and the pink back in their spot and looked for the required colors. This is the end result:



    I started with the mustard, Cirque Colors Urbanized, that I painted in two thin coats on my index, middle finger and pinky. Next came Zoya Ryan, a dark navy blue that was surprisingly opaque after one coat but I still used two.

    I didn't have the lovely flower image Debbie used so I searched my plates for a third time as the image I had picked earlier didn't work for me after all and I finally chose a floral image from MoYou Flower Power 06. I used Ryan for the outlines, filled the flowers and some of the leaves on my stamper with white Hit the Bottle Snowed In (and yes, there was a magnifying glass and a brush with no more than three or four hairs involved in that) and finally pressed it on my nail and rolled off very slowly while checking to see if everything stuck to my nail (and backing up a bit if something threatened to come off with the stamper).

    Last but not least a coat of Seche Vite and off to my camera to take pictures, like the one below:


    My self designated advisory board told me I should really use a matte top coat like in the original and since their advice wasn't bad so far I complied, resulting in the first picture at the top.


    The polishes I was "forced" to use:
    Cirque Colors Urbanized, Zoya Ryan, Hit the Bottle Snowed In

    I'm still not sure if I like mustard on me, but I have to admit it looks great in combination with the dark blue and the crisp white. I guess the advisory board did a good job, what do you think?

    I'm pretty curious as to what Juanita and Michelle did. It's going towards Spring over there so I'm thinking pastels... or not, as I'm usually wrong when trying to predict what they used :) Just click their names to find out!

    (oh, and I tried to explain to both my husband and my mom that they're supposed to loathe each other... they looked at me, look at each other, started laughing and decided to get a cup of coffee together... so much for cliches, right? Thank goodness!!!)


    As an afterthought, I think this manicure is also suitable for the yellow prompt in the SBBNailChallenge, so that's another one crossed off the list:


    4 comments:

    1. Hahahaha looks like the advisory board has excellent taste. I actually really like the mustard on you. I am very into the mustard at the moment so I am not biased AT ALL! Of course, I absolutely LOVE what you did!! You used the perfect colours and the perfect stamp and just everything perfect. I love it very very much.

      I was actually leaning towards pastel but then I remembered that one of the reasons why I chose that one was because I loved the colours so much. So I felt I had to recreate. ;)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe, thanks!! I'll make sure to let them know ;)
        I have to admit I don't think this manicure could look better in any other color... which is of course why we all recreated this time :D

        Delete
    2. OMG I had such a giggle reading this... Luckily or unluckily I'll never have that problem where the advisory board would agree!!

      I'm so happy you followed their advice. This is stunning, maybe you should listen to them more often.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Listen to my husband and/or mom more often?! *shocked silence*
        Oh alright, I give in, so the mustard is starting to grow on me more and more (as I'm still wearing this as I type) :)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!