• 52 week nail art challenge - 19: Game

    Hi everyone!


    If you know me personally, you know I'm married to a gamer. Yep, even in 2020 he still loves to play computer games with a group of friends. They don't drag computers over to each other anymore as they can play over the internet, but they're still gaming a lot! So when this week's prompt (Game) came along, I figured I would ask them what kind of game I should try to recreate. What a mistake-a to make-a! They kept coming up with games I'd never heard of, games that were impossible to do, or a combination of both! When I was about ready to go for Tic-Tac-Toe, they suggested Space Invaders... A thorough search of my plates resulted in a plate with the little alien monsters on it, so all I had to do was decide on what colors to use. Apparently the game has existed for ages and ages (Google tells me it's over 40 years old) so I picked a monochrome color palette: a near-black as base and a silver for the aliens, hopefully sort of resembling the old black-n-white game a bit. This is what I created:


    I painted two thin coats of Catrice Noir 04 Noir Bleu on all nails. It's a dark, dark blue that looks almost black until you hit it with really bright light (or until you flood your cuticles and you have to scrub and scrub until you get rid of the blue stains... been there, done that).

    The alien monsters were stamped from Infinity Nails plate 187 using silver holo Colour Alike THORnado and I painted the bullet/laser beam going up to the alien on my ring finger using THORnado and a thin detail brush. The usual coat of Seche Vite finished off this manicure.


    The line up:
    Catrice Noir 04 Noir Bleu, Colour Alike THORnado

    Of course I got lots of critique from the gaming squad: "the aliens in one row should be the same, not the aliens in a column" "you haven't painted the tank that shoots the aliens" "where are the bases that protect the tank?" "you should have done the aliens in amber or green, that's what an ancient monochome monitor looked like" and on and on... so I'm not so sure if I'll ask for their advice again any time soon (husband excluded of course ❤️). All craziness aside, I think my nails are definitely recognizable and that's what I was going for, so I'm happy with it!

    4 comments:

    1. Aw, cute mani. I could almost hear it ... that sound the aliens made as they came down the screen.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. And the frantic shooting when they dropped lower and lower and went faster and faster 🤣

        Delete
    2. Love it love it love it <3

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Ananka! ❤
        (and sorry for the late reply... real life wasn't cooperating for a while)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!