• 52 week nail art challenge - 18: Weather

    Hi everyone!


    The current theme for the 52 week nail art challenge is Weather. Anyone who has been in the Netherlands knows discussing or rather complaning about the weather is a national Dutch pass time. It's either too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too windy... or just not what was predicted! 😉

    I decided to go with the kind of weather I used to whine about most when I had to ride my bike to school: rain! I have to admit I still don't care much for rain if I have to be outside but I love the way the world smells after a good shower, so I guess I'll just have to get myself a good umbrella if I have to go out. Here's my rainy manicure:


    The gray polish I applied to my thumb, index and middle finger is actually another reference to rain, it's Illamasqua Raindrops, a beautiful medium gray jelly with loads and loads of translucent white flakies, giving the end result the look of raindrops on a window. It's one of the first polishes my husband (then boyfriend ❤️) bought for me and I remember telling him I didn't think I would ever wear weird colors like that... I guess he knows me better than I know myself 😉

    I needed three coats of Raindrops for a completely opaque result but the layers dried quickly so I didn't mind much. I painted my ring finger in two coats of LCLVernis Vernitescence, a gorgeous white holo that has the appearance of sunshine sparkling on freshly fallen snow. My pinky was done in one coat of Kinetics Fragile, a dark gray creme with a superb formula.

    I stamped umbrellas from Lina nail art supplies 4 Seasons Autumn 02 using Fragile on my middle finger. I did the same for my ring finger but before actually rolling the image on my nail, I removed one umbrella from my stamper using a dotting tool. I then picked up the same image using Kinetics Rebel Heart, a pretty, red shimmer polish, removed all but one umbrella with some sticky tape and placed the remaining umbrella in the empty spot on my ring finger. A coat of Seche Vite on all nails finished my manicure.


    The polishes:
    LCLVernis Vernitescence, Illamasqua Raindrops, Kinetics Fragile, Kinetics Rebel Heart


    Quick and easy, but most of all fun! That's what I thought when I was doing these nails and now that I'm writing this, I still feel the same. It just makes me smile to see that happy little red umbrella in all the monochrome. Maybe I should have asked for a bright red rain suit when I had to bike to school... Anyway, I hope you like what I did 😊

    2 comments:

    1. I like it :-D

      Oh man why did Illamasqua stop doing polishes? I got Raindrops and Pink Raindrops too!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Ananka!
        Preaching to the choir... I couldn't agree more! I have several Illamasqua polishes (varnishes as they called them) and I treasure each and every one. I've seen them on eBay but I think my bank account would get a stroke if I looked at that too much 😉

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!