• 52 week nail art challenge - 20: Gradient

    Hi everyone!


    Another week, another manicure for the 52 week nail art challenge. This week's prompt is Gradient and I went just about nuts with all the possibilities. I finally settled on coral to nude polishes and some stamping on top:


    The absolutely stunning pink coral you can see on my thumb, index and pink is a-england Mustardseed A Fairy. I needed two coats of this gorgeous holo for full opacity and I was very tempted to just do all my nails with it and call it a gradient from pink coral to pink coral, it's that beautiful 😉 Instead, I picked two other a-england polishes, nude Carnaby Street and coral Covent Garden, and used them with Mustardseed to create a gradient on my middle and ring finger. It took four rounds of sponging until I was happy with the result as I had forgotten to paint the palest color as a base...

    When my gradient was drying I looked for something to stamp on top. I didn't want anything too elaborate and I didn't want to cover up too much of the gradient. I chose irregularly shaped dots from UberChic plate 21-01 and used Kinetics Alluring Brown for the stamping. A coat of Seche Vite was the last thing I had to do before reaching for my camera.


    All polishes in a row:
    a-england Mustardseed A Fairy, a-england Covent Garden, a-england Carnaby Street, Kinetics Alluring Brown


    It's been way too long since I did a gradient, so I'm really glad this prompt made me do one and made me remember how much I love them. This one is no exception, I can't help but smile when I look at my nails. I hope they make you smile too 😊

    3 comments:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!