• 52 week nail art challenge - 27: Stones / studs

    Hi everyone!


    The 27th prompt for the weekly nail challenge is here and it's Stones / Studs. At first I had this idea of doing some sort of nail art that made my nails look like stones, or maybe use a nail polish that had the word Stone in its name but in the end I decided to go with (rhine)stones. And as if that wasn't bad enough, I asked my husband to pick a color for me... and he gave me neon pink! Talking about way, way, WAY out of my comfort zone! Of course there are only two colors that go with neon pink as far as I'm concerned: black and white. And this is the result:

    The eye searing pink you see on my thumb, ring finger and pinky is two coats of Kinetics Sweet But Psycho (which is the cause I've had this earworm of the Sweet but Psycho song by Ava Max for days now). It's even brighter in real life but I'm proud of the valiant effort by my camera to capture this polish. As all Kinetics polishes it's a dream to paint with but the brightness... I just can't get used to the tips of my fingers looking like they almost glow!

    I painted my index and middle finger with white Kinetics Flawless, which is a milky white but completely opaque in two coats, so no jelly or anything, just a lovely soft white.

    The nail art part of this manicure consisted of stamping small flowers from Lina 4 Seasons Spring 02 on my middle finger using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief. I covered everything with a generous coat of Seche Vite and while that was still somewhat sticky I carefully placed two black rhinestones on my ring finger and pinky. I didn't want to cover them in top coat so the facets would remain visible but that would have been almost mandatory if I wanted those stones to stay on my nails for longer than the time it took to take pictures 😉


    The polishes I used:
    Kinetics Sweet But Psycho, Kinetics Flawless, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    It's not a secret I'm not a big fan of sticking things to my nails. I absolutely don't mind textured polish but stuff that is raised above the surface of my nails, that makes me catch on clothes, hair, anything really... nope, not for me! Having said that, I really liked the way those two black dots pulled everything together so after the pictures were taken I carefully pried them off and replaced them with a dot of black nail polish. Almost the same effect but now I can run my fingers through my hair without pulling it out of my head 😉 What do you think about studs?

    4 comments:

    1. I appreciate the look of studs and stones but rarely use them due to the catching on stuff problem ... yet I do put on press on fakes often enough, and those can catch in my hair, too, so I don't know what my problem is. :D

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think I tried press ons once... lost them within an hour and decided they were not for me 😄

        Delete
    2. Replies
      1. Thanks! But let's not tell my husband or he's going to buy even more of that neon stuff 😆

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!