• 52 week nail art challenge 46: Brown

    Hi everyone!

    This week's theme is Brown. I love brown but I have to admit I find it a bit difficult to use it as the main color for a manicure. I think I succeeded though, as I'm still wearing this manicure and I don't want to take it off any time soon 😉 So what did I create? Let me show you:

    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with two slightly thicker coats of Painted Polish Cool Beans, a caramel-colored jelly polish with loads of holo glitters in it. My middle finger received three coats of Painted Polish Pardon My French Roast (PMFR), a reddish-brown jelly with the same holo glitters but less of them. So where Cool Beans explodes into a sparkle fest when direct light hits it, PMFR is a bit less in-your-face but that doesn't make it any less pretty.

    The accent on my ring finger was created by first painting a base of two coats of soft white Kinetics Flawless. While that was drying I picked up part of the image on Yours Cosmetics x Valérie Ducharme plate YLV02 Spiritual Mystery using dark, dark, dark brown MoYou Toasted Mocha. I colored in some parts with Cool Beans and PMFR using a detail brush and finished by carefully rolling the stamper on my now tacky white ring finger. A coat of Seche Vite on all nails added gloss and made sure the sparkles popped even more... and that was it!


    The polishes I used:

    Painted Polish Pardon My French Roast, Painted Polish Cool Beans, Kinetics Flawless, MoYou Toasted Mocha

    These nails started out as just playing a bit with some pretty colors but now I really don't want to take it off. That's how much I like the result. I love it when that happens 😊 I hope you like the result of my playtime too!

    0 comments → 52 week nail art challenge 46: Brown

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!