• 52 week nail art challenge 45: French Tip - take 2

    Hi everyone!


    After I had done the green French tips from the previous post, I tried another approach. I love the colors, I love the image I stamped, I just don't love Frenchies 😉 But since I'm not just showing off the nails I like, here's the second take on French tips:


    The stunning reddish-orange you see on my thumb, index and pinky is two thin coats of LCLVernis Au temps chaud. It is a dream! Not only is it the perfect Autumn color, but it has a perfect formula as well as beautiful sparks of holo glitters. It has a bit of a metallic finish so I think it will look gorgeous with a matte finish too, but I forgot to try that out. Oh well, goals for a future manicure 😊

    I combined Au temps chaud with KBShimmer License to Chill, a sheer white polish with lots of iridescent flakies that range from pink to orange and even gold. I think it's a match made in heaven! I used two coats to keep the base a bit translucent, but with another coat or two it would have been completely opaque (or with a white polish underneath of course).

    I finished my manicure by stamping an image of thin, crisscrossed lines from Yours Cosmetics YLN08 Graphic Autumn using Au temps chaud, and then did the tips by painting a patch of polish on the thumb of my other hand and carefully 'pushing' my nail in it so it would become a skinny French tip. I touched it up a bit with a detail brush and finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite.


    The combination of polishes is (IMHO) perfect so I'm definitely going to use these beauties again, but the design? Hmm, the jury is still out on that one. Anyway, like with any manicure: on to the next 😉

    1 comment:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!