• 52 week nail art challenge 44: Negative Space

     Hi everyone!


    Another week, another prompt for the nail art challenge: Negative Space. If you've visited this blog before, you might know I don't like naked nails or VNL (visible nail line) so this definitely isn't my favorite theme. But as this challenge is all about getting out of my comfort zone, I didn't want to skip it either so I decided to think of a design I would normally do on a nude base and just skip the base. Let me show you how that turned out:


    The gorgeous dark fuchsia I used on my thumb, index and pinky is two coats of Dansez Maintenant! (including the exclamation mark 😉). It is filled with a strong, blue shimmer which makes it even more special. The formula is great, it's very opaque so you can totally just use one coat if you're in a hurry but two make the shimmer stand out even more. Another winner by french brand LCLVernis 👍🏻

    On my middle and ring finger I only used a base coat (Seche Clear). I stamped two sprigs from YOURS YLN07 Foliage, a plate filled with all sorts of leaves and branches and flowers, using Painted Polish Midnight Mischief. I added dots of Dansez Maintenant! with a dotting tool and carefully extended the stems to the very edge of my nail using a thin detail brush. To finish my manicure, I painted a coat of Seche Vite on all nails and that was it.


    LCLVernis Dansez Maintenant!, Painted Polish Midnight Mischief


    If you had told me I would do a negative space design and I would like it, I would have thought you had been out in the sun for too long. But here we are, a negative space design and I really like it! I hope you do too 😊

    2 comments:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!