• Girly with an edge

    Hi everyone!


    Wow, real life took me for a serious spin last week!! I got a new week long assignment on the other side of the country (which is tiny compared to the US, but it's still a 5 hour trip, one way). It was fun but I had no time to do anything but eat, sleep, travel and work so I ended up wearing my last manicure for the entire week (with several touch ups of course). As much as I love Merlin, it's now been placed in a drawer for at least a month and I don't want to see any mauve or glitter for the next week ;)

    Anyway, after catching up on all the chores that were neglected again, I finally managed to sit down, clean my nails and paint on some new polish.

    indoors, no flash
    For this manicure I painted three thin coats of a-england Jane Eyre on my thumb, index and pink (after a coat of OPI Natural Base of course). Jane Eyre is a blackened red polish with zillions of teeny tiny red shimmers in it, that show up when the light hits it. I painted the remaining nails with two medium thick coats of Barry M Rose Hip and added a coat of Seche Vite before stamping. Jane Eyre has a jelly base so I never thought to stamp with it until I saw this post by Bregje from Oooh Shinies who used Jane's green sister. As you can see, Jane stamps just as good and I used Born Pretty plate BP-L001 for the swirly flower design. I finished with a coat of Seche Vite on all nails to make sure I can wear this manicure for a couple of days in case this week turns out to be as busy as the last one.

    These are the polishes I used:

    Barry M Rose Hip, a-england Jane Eyre

    Even though it's pink, I really like the tough-but-girly look of my nails, but I don't think I want to wear this for another week so this time I put nail polish remover and cotton pads in my overnight bag. The prospect of going nude isn't that appealing either so I should have taken at least one polish with me as well... What do you do when you might not have the time to do your nails for some time?



    a-england Jane Eyre was bought from Pretty Polish.
    Barry M Rose Hip was bought from Alice & Jo.

    0 comments → Girly with an edge

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!