• No triad...

    Hi everyone!


    It's the last Friday of the month and for the last three years and a bit that has meant a Triad manicure would be online. Unfortunately both the Triads and the My polish your plate posts have been put on hold for a while until real life decides to slow down and play nice again for all of us, and sometimes polish just has to take a back seat for a while.

    So instead of a Triad manicure I would like to show you a polish that I fell in love with the moment I saw it. To me it's the perfect Spring green and the added holo sparkles and golden shimmer make it even more magical. Take a look:


    The gorgeous green you see on my thumb, ring finger and pinky is LCLVernis Kalea, in three thin coats. It is described as a chartreuse linear holo and as you can see it's stunning. The holo is rather subtle but absolutely visible in direct light and of course the color is to die for. I personally wouldn't call it chartreuse, it reminds me of the tender green of young buds and leaves in Spring time where chartreuse in my mind is way more yellow. Having said that, even if this was called Color #6472 I would still love it 😉

    I combined Kalea with a plain white, Catrice ICONails Milky Bay. Three coats of a not too cooperating formula gave me full opacity (cooperation was most likely due to the humid weather conditions when I was painting my nails).

    The leaves are an image from Whats Up Nails B037 Growing Beauty that I picked up using black holo stamping polish Why So Serious by Colour Alike. I colored them using Kalea (of course). The holo in Why So Serious doesn't show up in the picture but it definitely did in real life, so it looked like tiny little black beads lining the green inside... which called for major finger wiggling when I had the chance 😊 To make sure the thin lines would transfer completely from the stamper to my nail after I had filled in the picture, I first painted a thin layer of base coat on my nail and when that had dried to tacky, I carefully rolled the stamped image on top. The usual coat of Seche Vite followed after that and... done!


    The line-up:
    LCLVernis Kalea, Catrice ICONails Milky Bay, Colour Alike Why So Serious



    I know this may not be the most season-appropriate manicure but I've had this idea in my mind for so long, it just had to come out. I hope you like it as much as I do!

    6 comments:

    1. Thank you so much for this blog post and your kind words a bout Kalea ! We are so glad you like it !

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You are very welcome. Kalea (and all other LCLVernis polishes I have tried so far) is great to work with and absolutely gorgeous 💚

        Delete
      2. Thank you so much Joyce ! We are so glad you like them !��

        Delete
    2. Such a lovely green ... very fitting for this time of year. I've not tried that brand before but might have to look it up.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! Green was my very first 'weird' nail polish color and I still have a soft spot for it, especially when it's a beauty like this one.
        LCLVernis is a French brand so I'm keeping my fingers crossed you'll be able to find it.

        Delete
    3. Hi Karen ! Thank you for this lovely comment. We have an Instagram account @lclvernis and we ship to all European union countries. And, starting this evening, shipping will be free for 36 hours ! Come have a look !��

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!