• 52 week nail art challenge - 24: Glitter

    Hi everyone!


    It's time for the 24th installment already... can you believe 2020 is almost halfway through already?! *shakes head in disbelief* Anyway, the 24th prompt is Glitter. As you may know, I'm not that much into glitter on my nails (or anywhere else on me for that matter) so I wasn't looking forward to this prompt very much. I looked through my stash but most of the glitter polishes I own are only suitable for small accents as far as I'm concerned (I know, I'm boring 😉). And then I came across a small category of polishes I hadn't thought of... glitter-crellies! After that the manicure was easy: pick a pretty glitter-crelly, find a matching creme, pick a nice stamp, have fun! And fun I had, take a look:


    I started by painting my middle and ring finger with two not-too-thin coats of Masura Autumn Wedding, a beautiful mix of pink, gold and silvery-white glitters in a off-white crelly base (there might be some copper in there too, now that I look closer at the bottle). The other three nails were painted with two thin coats of Catrice ICONails Nude Not Prude, a salmon-y pink creme with a bit of dustiness to its color that I felt was a perfect match for Autumn Wedding.

    I wanted to stamp something floral on top of Autumn Wedding but I didn't want the images to be too bulky. But I don't think very fine lines look nice on a glitter base... so I first used Nude Not Prude to stamp a medium sized half-circle from Whats Up Nails B048 Simple Shapes on my ring finger and a smaller circle from the same plate on my middle finger. After that I used brown Zoya Elaine to stamp some images from Moyra Green Leaves on top. One last coat of Seche Vite and done!


    The polishes I used:
    Masura Autumn Wedding, Catrice ICONails Nude Not Prude, Zoya Elaine

    I love this! I love the softness of Autumn Wedding, the suprise glitters that peek through the white base, the combination with the pink and the brown... maybe not the most modest thing to say but I really love my nails. I hope I'll remember the glitter-crellies next time I have to do a glitter manicure 😉 Do you like full-on glitters or do you prefer things a bit less blingy? And do you forget peel-off base when you use them? (I just realized I forgot... again...)

    0 comments → 52 week nail art challenge - 24: Glitter

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!