• 52 week nail art challenge - 25: Music

    Hi everyone!


    Another week, another prompt for the 52 week nail art challenge. This week it's time for Music. If you know me personally, you know I almost always have some sort of music playing. Before my alarm clock goes off I can already hear my favorite radio station, and one of the things I enjoy most when I'm at home is hearing the same music coming out of the wireless speakers that are in each room in the house and that my tech wizard hubby set up so they all play in sync, no matter what I put on, and I'm always surrounded with the music I selected. So you would think this week's prompt would be easy as pie, right? Wrong! I couldn't focus on a single idea and in the end I didn't have any inspiration at all. So I finally opted for the simple solution: pretty colors and a stamped image that fit the theme. This is the result:


    I started out by painting my thumb, ring finger and pinky with a gorgeous raspberry-red scattered holo: Rauze by LCLVernis. It was already opaque in one coat but the color deepened to what you see in the picture with the second coat I applied.

    My index and middle finger were painted with three thin coats of OPI Suzi Chases Portu-geese, a lovely off-white creme that seems to lean a tiny bit pinkish, but maybe that's because it's next to Rauze. Whatever the reason, I love it!

    To finish my manicure I picked up an image of music notes and clefs from DRK plate DRK-D using Rauze, removed a few parts to make it a bit less cluttered and placed it on my nails. A coat of Seche Vite added gloss and sealed everything and that was it.


    The polishes:
    OPI Suzi Chases Portu-geese, LCLVernis Rauze


    It felt a bit like cheating to do 'just a stamping manicure' while I was working on it but now that it's finished I'm glad I didn't add too much so the beauty of Rauze can take center stage. What do you think? Cheating or not?

    0 comments → 52 week nail art challenge - 25: Music

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!