• 52 week nail art challenge 33: Insect

    Hi everyone!


    This week's theme is something I totally can't relate to... Insect! I'm a city girl through and through and the moment I see a bug, I turn into the most squeamish person you can imagine. I'm lucky to have a big strong guy living with me who defends me against the hordes of creepy-crawlies that seem to love our place as a new home. So for instance when I spot a spider, I scream and he patiently gets a glass and a piece of paper to catch the intruder and puts it outside in the yard (no, not killing it, that would be mean). You can imagine that I wasn't looking forward to creating one (or more) on my nails. Sure, butterflies are pretty and ladybugs are cute, but I didn't think of those at the time. Fortunately, I remembered a manicure I once saw, ages ago, that sort of indicated a bee without actually showing one. I couldn't find it so I don't even know if this looks like the original, but here's my interpretation of a bumblebee:


    I started out by painting my thumb and pinky with one coat of a-england The Raven, a black polish with some sparse scattered holo sparkles that dries to a slightly matte finish. My other three nails were covered in three coats of Hema Sunny Flowers, a lovely yellow creme.

    When all that had dried, I used The Raven to stamp a honeycomb pattern from Yours Cosmetics YLN01 Trendy Netting on my middle finger and the stripes that should resemble the body of the bee from Yours YLD12 Going Wild. I finished my manicure with a generous coat of Seche Vite to bring back the sparkle in The Raven and to seal everything.


    The polishes:

    Hema Sunny Flowers, a-england The Raven


    I have worn this manicure for a couple of days and it amazed me how many people immediately caught on to the bee thing. Even my six year old nephew immediately called them bee-nails and if that doesn't mean these fit the theme, I don't know what does 😊

    0 comments → 52 week nail art challenge 33: Insect

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!