• 52 week nail art challenge 40: Pink

    Hi everyone!

    This week's prompt is Pink. I definitely like pink but not as much as Michelle aka the Queen of Pink so while chatting last week I asked her what to do. She picked a beautiful manicure by @nailsrnd that wasn't using bubblegum pink or barbie pink but a darker, more mature tone... perfect for a Fall manicure! So I set out to recreate the manicure she chose for me. This is the result:


    I started by painting my thumb, middle finger and pinky with two thin coats of Zoya Nana, a deep raspberry red creme that is very opaque. My index and ring finger first received a coat of Zoya Lavender Perfection, a base coat with a slightly purple tinge to prevent yellowed nails to change the color of the polish that comes on top, and after that three coats of Zoya Adel, a sheer offwhite polish.

    When that was dry enough, I used a texture image from Lina Make Your Mark 02 and put small blobs of Nana and Adel on it, scraped once, picked it up and stamped some parts on the side of my ring finger closest to my pinky. I added a thin coat of Adel, stamped some more bits of the image, blurred some parts with a bit of acetone and basically fiddled until I was happy with the result.

    I then picked up the rectangle from Lina Make Your Mark 03 using Nana and stamped it on the other side of my ring finger. It wasn't fully opaque so I carefully filled it in with Nana, using the stamp as a guide. To finish off the design I used a detail brush to paint a line down the center of my nail using China Glaze Millennium.

    The same thing was done on my index and last but not least I covered all my nails with a coat of Seche Vite, followed by a coat of KIKO Matte Effect topcoat to create what you see in the picture.


    The usual mugshot:

    Zoya Nana, Zoya Adel, China Glaze Millennium


    I had so much fun doing this manicure. It felt a bit like the Friday Triads we used to do. And, added bonus, I'm really happy with the result. I hope you like my nails too 😊

    2 comments:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!