• 52 week nail art challenge 42: Orange + Silver

    Hi everyone!


    I looked at the week's prompt (Orange + Silver) and I was stumped... I didn't have a clue what to do with it! Usually with these prompts, I would pair two colors with white and go for a dotticure but I just wasn't in the mood for that. Then, all of a sudden, I realized there is another design that only asks for pretty colors: plaid! And that's what I did, an orange and silver plaid manicure:


    The absolutely stunning burnt orange I used two coats of on my thumb, middle finger and pinky is Il était un vernis Merlot. It's filled with tiny gold shimmer and holographic sparkles and it's a dream to paint with. Unfortunately the brand has stopped producing polishes so if you come across a bottle, make sure to immediately grab it and not let go!

    My index and middle finger were painted in two thin coats of Kinetics Why Not, My Friend, a lovely peach creme. When that had dried enough, I stamped plaid designs from UberChic Pretty in Plaid 2 using Merlot and added some silver lines from the same plate using Colour Alike THORnado, a silver holo stamping polish. A coat of Seche Vite to seal it all and my nails were ready for their photoshoot.

    The polishes I used:

    Il était un vernis Merlot, Kinetics Why Not My Friend, Colour Alike THORnado


    I'm not sure what I think of these nails. I love the colors individually but I'm not so sure about combining orange with silver. My first thought would be to use gold instead of silver. But the challenge said silver, so silver it is 😊
    What do you think?

    1 comment:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!