• 52 week nail art challenge 39: Flowers

    Hi everyone!


    I had totally planned a reverse stamped manicure for the Flowers theme, but when it came to creating it... I wanted to do a gradient! So that's what I did:


    I started out by painting my thumb, index and pinky with the darkest of the four purple polishes I picked, Kinetics Faith Reflection. I used two thin coats but it's so opaque you can definitely get away with one slightly thicker coat. My middle finger and ring finger were painted with one coat of the palest color, Kinetics Lost Soul, a surprisingly opaque lilac polish.

    The gradient was created with four Kinetics polishes, darkest to palest: Faith Reflection, Morning Mist (a gorgeous dusty medium purple), Ex's (a beautiful mauve) and Lost Soul. I used a sponge that was a bit more open than the ones I usually grab and I didn't paint parallel stripes on my sponge but tried to keep it a bit more cloudy and uneven.

    When I was happy with the result, I waited a short while until my nails were dry enough to stamp on. The flowers are an image from MoYou Flower Power 04 that I picked up using essie Good As Gold. I didn't stamp the whole image, I used just parts and removed the unwanted parts from the stamper with scotch tape before rolling it on my nail. As usual I finished with a generous coat of Seche Vite and another themed manicure was ready for its photoshoot.


    I actually intended to mattify them but when I was about to take pictures, we were called by our adorable 6 year old nephew. He was visiting with his grandmother (my mom) and he asked if uncle and aunty would come over too. Over here the rule is three persons older than 12 years of age that don't belong to the household can visit, provided they observe the 1.5 meters social distancing rule and since his dad was DIY-ing at home (which was why my sister and nephew decided to visit grandma) he had counted out we were allowed to visit too. Of course we couldn't resist the little charmer so we left right after taking pictures of the shiny version. So I hope you like them shiny too 😊

    1 comment:

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!