• Dots in red, black and white

    Hi everyone!


    I love nail polish, but nail art is an entirely different thing... so when Debbie (aka The Crumpet) announced a course for the beginning nail artist, I jumped at the chance to learn basic (and not so basic) techniques.

    One of the things I really like, are dots, especially random sized and randomly placed. I don't have long nails (in fact, they are toddler sized or even smaller) so I didn't think it would look nice but imagine my surprise when I started to get compliments on my manicure. An added bonus is that it doesn't take very long to do a manicure with dots either. The first time I tried, it took me 20 minutes but a few weeks of experience brought that down to 10 :)

    So without further ado, here are my dotted nails.

    Dots in red, black and white - indoors, no flash

    I used two coats of OPI Angel with a Leadfoot (Ford Mustang collection) after I put on a coat of OPI Natural Base. A coat of Seche Vite after that to make sure that my base was dry but also because small errors when making the dots can be erased with a small brush and acetone without taking off the white base.

    The dots were made with OPI Queen of the Road (Ford Mustang collection) and OPI Coca Cola Red (Coca Cola collection) and I finished with another coat of Seche Vite after letting the dots dry for a few minutes.

    These nails made me smile every time I looked at them :)

    Do you like dotted manicures?


    0 comments → Dots in red, black and white

    Post a Comment

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!