• The rejected version - Friday Triad take 2

    Hi everyone!


    I know, a second post on the same day? Shocking! But both Michelle and Juanita expressed their curiosity about the rejected, beige-brown version of my Triad manicure so I figured, why not write about it right now, when I have a little free time :)

    I have to warn you though, I totally didn't do the gorgeous polishes I used any justice so please search for swatches by people who actually know how to photograph holographic polishes if you want to know what they look like in real life, deal? Alright! In that case, here you go:


    The stunning dark brown you see is Turning Leaves by Colors by Llarowe. To me it's just autumn in a bottle: it's stuffed with glowing red shimmer (so much it can actually look burgundy under some lighting) and the scattered holo finish is the glow-from-within kind that is just too beautiful. And, to add even more reasons to grab this one if you happen to come across it, it's a one coater!! Yes, you read that right, you see just one coat of Turning Leaves on my thumb, index and pinky.

    I combined Turning Leaves with a polish that I fell head-over-heels in love with when I saw the first swatch: Femme Fatale Childlike Empress. It's described as a soft gray with shimmer, red and green iridescent flecks, holo glitter and maybe even the kitchen sink, but to me it's a gorgeous neutral beige with a peach glow and very discreet (but definitely there) holo sparkles that perfectly fits the Neverending Story theme this polish was inspired by (yep, I'm humming the song again ;) It is a bit sheer so I needed three thin coats to reach full opacity but it's more than worth it!

    I used part of an arrow from MoYou Minimal 03 to stamp the lines on my middle and ring finger and of course I used Turning Leaves to do that. And that was it, apart from a coat of Seche Vite of course to make sure I could wear this for days on end, so I could enjoy both these beauties for as long as possible (and yes, there was some tip correction involved later in the week, as I really didn't want to take it off ;)


    Here's the mugshot. You can see the peach-y shimmer in Childlike Empress a bit better in this picture:
    Colors by Llarowe Turning Leaves, Femme Fatale Childlike Empress


    I loved wearing this manicure, but it didn't feel like the right manicure for the Triad to me so I decided to do a different one (the purple and white one you can see here). In hindsight maybe I should have just used this one, maybe not... but that's the beauty of nail polish: there's always a new masterpiece waiting to happen :)

    4 comments:

    1. I do love this. I'm glad you did the purple... But this is stunning too.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks so much! I had an inkling you would like this ;)

        Delete
    2. I'm with Juanita. I am so glad you did the purple but THIS is beautiful. absolutely gorgeous and I love the colour combo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hehe, thanks! Now that I see it again, I'm almost tempted to grab Childlike Empress and do something else with it...

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!