• Friday Triad: inspired by @son_nail

    Hi everyone!


    I bet you didn't expect a new post from me, right? It's been way too long since I showed off my last manicure but it's the last Friday of the month so it's time for the Triad manicure and of course I can't let Michelle and Juanita down. Especially as the inspiration of this month, chosen by Juanita, is absolutely beautiful! It's this monochrome manicure by Olga from @son_nail. Juanita immediately called dibs on using her beloved Pebble, Michelle laid claim on black-n-white and me... I was stuck trying to figure out what colors I would use! As you can see, it turned out to be purple and white:


    I started out by painting my index and middle finger with two coats of Painted Polish Purple as a Pansy, which is several colors and sizes of purple glitter in a white, milky base. I knew I wanted to stamp on top so I toned down the purple glitters using two thin coats of OPI Funny Bunny, an almost-white jelly.

    While that was drying I painted my ring finger with two coats of OPI Alpine Snow, followed by two coats of Funny Bunny to make the white less blinding. My thumb was done in two thin coats of OPI Vant To Bite My Neck? and my pinky, being a tiny thing, only needed one coat of this lovely, highly pigmented deep purple creme.

    I finished my manicure by stamping a swirly image from Lina Twirls & Swirls on my ring finger and a simple straight line from MoYou London Holy Shapes 19 across my index and middle finger, all using Vant To Bite My Neck?. Of course I used a coat of Seche Vite on all nails to seal the design.


    The polishes I used:
    Painted Polish Purple as a Pansy, OPI Vant To Bite My Neck?, OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Funny Bunny

    I'm on the fence about these nails. I love the colors (or I wouldn't have used them of course) but I'm not 100% sold on the execution. I actually tried a version with negative space on my ring finger, like in the original, but that one I absolutely didn't like so I immediately removed it. Also, before I settled on purple and white, I did my nails in a beige-brown combination but that one drifted too far from the inspiration. I guess I have to leave it up to you. What do you think? Hit or miss?


    If you want to check out what Michelle and Juanita did, just click here for M or here for J :)

    4 comments:

    1. Firstly, I LOVE it! Of course, I don't know what any of your other attempts look like (I bet they were gorgeous too) but this one is definitely a winner. I actually really love the purple hues. This is a big fave for me.

      Secondly. I feel terrible for claiming the black and white and not using it. I am so sorry, I hope I didn't mess with your plans!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Mich!
        My attempt at negative space was actually exactly the same but with nekkid nail on my ring finger, about half way up from my cuticle. I now know I definitely, positively, absolutely do not like negative space so I guess it was good for something ;)
        The beige-brown version I took pictures of so I may post it so you can see. The base was SO gorgeous I actually wore it for over a week because I didn't want to take it off!

        Nah, you didn't and you have nothing to feel sorry for! It actually forced me to NOT go for black-n-white again and think of other combinations. I started this journey to get out of my comfort zone, right? So you did goo-oo-ood ;)

        Delete
    2. I would have felt better seeing your beige version. You guys totally knocked this out the park. I love the purple!! And I would have loved seeing Pansy without funny bunny over it.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. *starts making a to-do list: 1) post the beige-brown version, 2) do a manicure using Purple as a Pansy, 3) thank Juanita :D
        So let me start with the last entry: thanks hun!
        For the other two: stay tuned, but don't hold your breath ;)

        Delete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!