• #52weeknailchallenge - week 39: Smoosh

    Hi everyone!


    You may have thought I had forgotten about the 52 Week Nail Art Challenge as it's been ages since I did a prompt. True, it has been way too long, but unfortunately work and health didn't cooperate to allow me to produce anything. That is, until this week! I love a smoosh manicure (which is this week's challenge), my nails were almost ready to walk out on me if they didn't receive a new manicure, and I needed to let off some steam (which I do either by polishing my nails or playing Diablo 3)... so I decided to see if I could still manage a smoosh :)

    And then I had to pick colors... and lacking any kind of inspiration I resorted to looking through my previous manicures and I spotted a blue-peach-white one that set off some minor sparks in my brain. I knew I had a really pretty dark blue polish and after some searching I found it: OPI Turn on the Northern Lights! I added a peach textured polish that was chosen by my husband and my go to white creme, and this is the result:


    Turn on the Northern Lights is a beautiful dark blue jelly polish that is filled with peach-pink shimmer. I used two thin coats on my index and added a third coat on my thumb to make sure I couldn't see any VNL.

    My middle and ring finger were painted with one coat of OPI Alpine Snow (it wasn't fully opaque but I knew I would put stuff on top so I didn't mind) and my pinky was painted with two coats of OPI Make Him Mine, a peach colored Liquid Sand polish.

    I used the same three polishes to make little blobs on my stamper, pressed them on my silicone mat while twisting the stamper a little and after that stamped what remained on the stamper on the nails of my middle and ring finger. I actually used an older stamper for this as I didn't know how much my favorite clear stamper would enjoy the textured polish but I couldn't see any scratch marks or other damage to it. I'll still use the old stamper for smooshing though, just to remain on the safe side ;)

    All that was left for me to do was paint a coat of Seche Vite on all but my pinky nail and take pictures.


    The line up:
    OPI Turn on the Northern Lights!, OPI Make Him Mine, OPI Alpine Snow


    I still love the smooshing technique for nail art, even though I don't do it very often. Usually I pick colors that are closer together so it makes a base for stamping, but I really like this outcome as well. To me it almost looks like a picture of one of those nebulas, out there in space. What do you think?

    4 comments:

    1. Stunning! It's great to see a challenge manicure from you.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Dankie! I'm kind of bummed that I can't do all of them, but I'm going to do as much of them as I can manage between work and adult stuff ;)

        Delete
    2. I saw this on IG and I gasped. This is soooooo gorgeous and I just LOVE the colours you used. I am obsessed with this!

      ReplyDelete

    Please let me know what you think. I may not reply right away but I will get back to you in the end... promised!